Student Advisory Board
Members of the Harvard Museums of Science & Culture Student Advisory Board partner with the Harvard Museums of Science & Culture (HMSC) to explore student needs, ideas and initiatives.
Each meeting of the Harvard Museums of Science & Culture Student Board will include time with a different faculty or HMSC staff member as well as a rich discussion about specific ways to increase student engagement with HMSC. Initiatives during the year may include creating a signature student event at one of the museums, generating ways to connect museum public programs to undergraduates, connecting with interested student groups, identifying effective social media approaches for the museums or additional ideas generated by the student board.
Spring meetings will be on three Monday evenings from 5:00-7:00 pm, February 24, March 25, and April 27, 2020. Fall dates TBD. Dinner is provided. The time commitment is approximately 10-15 hours per semester with the opportunity for deeper involvement on projects of interest. The HMSC Student Board involves a commitment for Spring and Fall 2020.
Criteria for excellent Harvard Museums of Science & Culture Student Board members:
- Undergraduate student at Harvard College (Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- Enthusiasm for the Harvard Museums of Science & Culture
- Creative and engaged with student life at Harvard
- Proactive and reliable team member
- Represent a variety of concentrations and interests
Student Board members will:
- Serve as your House or Freshman Yard representative of the museum
- Explore and develop engaging museum activities
- Consider novel connections to the university community
- Participate in networking and thoughtful conversation
- Gain an insider perspective on Harvard museums
Applications due Tuesday, February 11.
- Submit resume – please include your year, contact info, concentration, and House.
- Submit a cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria for the HMSC Student Board.
Email to Wendy Derjue-Holzer, HMNH Education Director, at email@example.comCurrent HMSC student board members are encouraged to re-apply and should use the process outlined above.