May 26 - June 6, 2018
HMSC Study Leader: Jeffrey Quilter
Group Size: 14-30 guests
Pricing: To be determined
Experience the desert kingdoms of Peru, once considered the height of sophistication and civilization by highland peoples.Throughout prehistory, a dazzling diversity of cultures rose and fell in different coastal regions: Nazca with its bright colored pottery, Moche with its painted temples and golden tombs, and later, the mighty Chimu, the main rivals of the Incas. Examine these cultures and more accompanied by study leader Jeffrey Quilter, William and Muriel Seabury Howells Director of Harvard’s Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, who has spent most of his professional career investigating the ancient cultures of Peru’s coast.
- Enjoy a private curator-led tour of Larco Museum which contains a fascinating collection from pre-Inca civilizations.
- Boat excursion to the Ballestas Islands inhabited by thousands of guano birds and sea lions.
- Visit the archaeological complex Ventarrón (4,000 years old) that mark the first two great moments of the Northern cultures.
- Learn about shamanism sessions, meaning and respect to the Apus (mountain spirits).
Schedule by day
- May 26: Depart U.S. for Lima / Transfer to hotel
- May 27: Lima
- May 28: Lima / Lomas Lachay / Caral / Lima
- May 29: Lima / Pisco / Ica / Paracas
- May 30: Paracas / Pisco / Nazca / Pisco / Paracas
- May 31: Paracas / Pisco / Lima
- June 1: Lima / Chiclayo
- June 2: Chiclayo
- June 3: Chiclayo / Chaparri National Reserve / Chiclayo
- June 4: Chiclayo / Trujillo
- June 5: Trujillo / Lima
- June 6: Lima / Depart for return flights
- To be determined
- 1 night at Costa del Sol Lima Wyndham Airport
- 2 nights at Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores
- 2 nights at La Hacienda Bahía Paracas
- 3 nights at Casa Abduba Select Chiclayo
|Registration Form||67 KB|